Saturday, May 2, 2015

Krissann Barretto Exclusive Interview

Unlucky in love is what one can say about Krissann Barretto’s character Alya Saxena of Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan. Her boyfriend of 7 years dumped her and she fell for his best friend Dhruv who treated her worse! Despite of her flaws, the viewers can’t help sympathizing with this character. I am pleased to bring you an Exclusive Interview of the gorgeous Krissann Barretto who was previously seen in episodic shows like Heroes - The Fight back Files on Channel V and Bindass Yeh Hai Aashiqui.
Q: Tell me something about you! What is your background and what made you choose acting as a Career?
A: Well, I have been born and brought up in Bombay. I did my schooling at the Apostolic Carmel High School in Bandra. I graduated from St Xavier’s Mumbai. And after that I did a year of law at the Government Law College. Then I got the offer for Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan and since I've always been a performer I chose acting over law.
Q: How do you feel about being part of a number one Youth Show?
A:
I feel awesome! People recognize your work… so many people love you! And getting that with just one show, I think is a really big deal! Best feeling ever!
Q: How different or similar are you from your screen character Alya of Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan?
A: Hmm Alya and I are quite similar. We both would do anything for our relationships… be it friends or a boyfriend.  We are different also! Alya is very patient and calm in life but I am like a hyper puppy haha.
Q: If you were not an Actress, what would you have been?
A: If I wasn't an actress, I'd probably be a dancer or a lawyer or a wedding planner.
Q: So… do you believe in love at first sight?
A: I am a hopeless romantic. I think I'm born in the wrong century and I think Disney never lied. Fairy Tales exist!
Q: Arranged Marriage or Love Marriage... which one would you prefer?
A: Love marriage hands down
Q: So… Do you have a boyfriend?
A: Haha no!
Q: Are you a fitness freak? What do you do to stay in shape?
A: I dance!  I love dancing not really because of the fitness or anything. Although I haven't been able to train in over a year, I somehow have stayed in shape.
Q: Many TV stars are migrating to Bollywood. What are your future dreams?
A: I want be part of the Bollywood too! I would love to get a chance to work with Hrithik Roshan.
Q: One of the characters in Warrior High is named after you. What do you have to say about it?
A: I love Vikas for doing that! It feels so special!
Q: Your character was featured in the maximum number of filler sponsorship ads (face wash, contact lenses, refreshment mints, sun screen etc) as part of script. Viewers find these ads really annoying. What is your reaction to it?
A: Aaaahhhh integration scenes! I know that the viewers find it annoying... and you are not the first one telling me that! As you said, it is part of the script and as an actress I got to do what I got to do.
Q: When you are not shooting, what would you like to do?
A: Chill with my friends!!! Party!!! Chill with my dogs!!! Take my parents out!!! Get out of the city on a road trip!!! So the thing is I think random on the spot… the spot spontaneous plans are killer! And yeah, I love driving so we just randomly take off and explore new places.
Q: How active are you on social networking sites? Do you interact with fans and respond to their messages?
A: I am very active on social media sites like Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. I reply to whomever I can whenever I get the time. I also like the cute edits the fans make of me.
Q: What is one quality that you love most about you?    
A: I love the fact that I am a happy person no matter what and I think my friends have a lot to do with that.
Q: What is one thing you would like to change about you?
A: Can I be a complete diva and say I don't want to change anything about me?
Q: Recently Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan promoted a campaign on Eve teasing and Woman’s harassment, what is your opinion about these social issues?
A: Social issues like Eve teasing make my blood boil! Like it’s so annoying! I was so happy that MTV had that campaign. When I was giving my dialogues in those episodes, my real emotions were coming out.
Q: What is your equation with your co-actors in Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan?
A: I love all of them!!! Veebha and Charlie are my babies!!! They always take care of me when I'm not well and pamper me when I'm having a bad day! Niti is like a little baby… she's really cute! Utkarsh makes me laugh so much… I just look at his face and laugh! Abhishek is actually like a brother!!! Parth!!!! He's so sweet! He is that guy who doesn't talk a lot but he is always there when you need him or need someone to talk to! And Ayaz!!! You can ask him anything and he will know! He just knows so much stuff! I love all of them! They all planned a surprise for me on my birthday and it was so adorable!
Q: Do you have a message for your fans?
A: Fans!!! I love you guys! You are what made me Me! You guys accepted Alya and loved her! You guys love our show so much and do whatever it takes to contact us or meet us! You make me feel so special!!! Love you all so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment